So, it has been a quite long time practising those same yoga sequences watched on YouTube. Now, you are willing to delve deeper and do something new and interesting with your yoga mat. After doing a great deal of research, finally, you decide to take on a yoga teacher training.
Being the origin land of yoga and the hub of spirituality, you choose India as your yoga teacher training destination. But with the abundant choices of yoga teacher training schools in India, you still feel perplexed about finding a suitable yoga teacher training school?
Here are some tips to follow in order to find the best yoga teacher training in India.
- Check for Yoga Alliance Accreditation: Yoga Alliance is the international governing body for yoga that sets the basic standards of an ideal yoga teacher training. May be not now, but if you are planning to teach yoga at a certain point in life, then this is the utmost thing to check on. If the school is not certified with Yoga Alliance, you will not get the RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) title next to your name. To teach yoga across the globe as a certified yoga teacher, choose a Yoga Alliance Approved school.
- Evaluate the Curriculum: It is the curriculum that gives you a whole outlook on the program. Open the website of the school and go through the program’s curriculum meticulously. Check out what subjects are included and how many hours are dedicated to a particular subject. A yoga teacher training is comprised of various yogic subjects like Postures, Yoga Anatomy, Adjustment and alignment, Yoga Philosophy and History, Pranayama, Meditation, Mantra Chanting and more. Each school has its own speciality and emphasizes different areas. Have a detailed look at the curriculum of the schools to know how many hours are dedicated to each topic. Choose the one that emphasizes your subject of interest and suits your need.
- Check Up on the Instructors: Yoga teachers are one of the important factors responsible for a premium yoga teacher training. They are the ones who will either transform an ordinary yogi into an extraordinary teacher or can spoil the invested money and lead you to nothing. So, do a well-grounded research on the instructors of the schools. Find their background, their history, their educational qualification, their teaching experience, and their mentors too. Also, try to get in touch with any previous attendees and students. Read the reviews and feedbacks to know the ground reality.
- Do a thorough background check on the school: Yoga Alliance certification, all-inclusive package, beautiful campus, luxury accommodation, delicious vegetarian food, free spa or ayurvedic treatment, excursions. Is this all you think about the perfect yttc school? Hang on! Before you go ahead, check the history of the school. Do not just get lured with luxury of the school. To find an best yoga teacher training in India, it is advisable to do some research on the school. Find out for how long, the school is into yoga teacher training. Go through different websites to get genuine reviews and feedbacks of the previous students. Try to contact people who have been the program. Take as much as it requires for proper research and pick the school that resonates best with your goals.
- Cost of the Program: Do not choose a yoga teacher training school in India based on its cost. Price of the program cannot decide the worth of the school. A school charging a high price doesn’t guarantee the best yoga teacher training. Be up to date with the market price. Match that price with school price and make the choice that best suits you.
So, follow the aforementioned tips and embark upon one of the most important journeys of your life with the best yoga teacher training in India.